WHEN: FRIDAY, MAY 1, 2020
*NEW* HOURS OF OPERATION FOR ALL LOCATIONS
Monday – Saturday 8AM – 9PM and
Sunday 8AM to 8PM
Effective Friday May 1st, Common Bond will begin operating dine-in seating in our traditional counter service manner as per the 25% occupancy guideline. Common Bond will continue Walk-In takeout orders, online ordering w/ curbside service and delivery through the UberEats, DoorDash, GrubHub & Favor platforms.
To ensure the continued safety of our guests and staff, a senior Common Bond staff member will greet and monitor the amount of guests in the building as per the 25% occupancy guideline. All table seating will be first come first serve, restricted to no groups larger than four and assigned by the Common Bond staff member. When all tables are filled, guests will be informed that any purchase at that time will be limited to take out only.
ONGOING SAFETY & SANITATION MEASURES:
– All individuals maintain at least 6 feet distance apart from other parties at all times, including while waiting to be seated in the restaurant.
– All employees will be required to wear a mask as per the Harris County order, and all patrons will be required to wear a mask until seated at a table and eating. Patrons will be asked to resume wearing a mask once they’ve completed eating and are leaving the Bistros.
– As guests complete their meal a dedicated Common Bond team member will sanitize the table and chairs and inform a senior staff member of an available table. The next guest in line will be given the opportunity for that table.
– A hand sanitizing station will be available upon entry to the Bistros.
– The community water station will not be open during this time. Common Bond team members will monitor guest tables to check if guests need refills.
– Provide condiments only in single use (non-reusable) portions.
– Use of disposable menus (new for each patron)
– Employees will be required to wash and sanitize their hands as they arrive to work.
– Employees will undergo a personal temperature screening and completing a travel, symptom and personal contact questionnaire as they enter and leave the restaurant
– Rigorous cleaning and sanitation practices throughout the restaurant. These practices include disinfecting any regularly touched surfaces in the restrooms, dining rooms and service areas as well as consistent and continuous handwashing by all staff.
The safety of our guests and team members is our highest priority. As we are excited with the positive progression towards the ability to gradually return to full operations we are cautious and sensitive to our responsibility to protect the health and well-being of our community. We hope that our guests understand the limited seating directives from our State Government and are patient with the additional measures and personal inconvenience that may be required with this situation.